Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tennis so easy

I haven't posted for a while as I was away on holiday - so I wasn't observing Doha. But I couldn't believe what happened the day I got back.

I got home from the airport at 2am and didn't get up until late. Went out for a drive and ran into a friend who had tickets for the final of the Qatar Tennis open, that evening. He said that he only got them that morning, and that they were free! So, of course, I had to go.

I am a tennis fan you see - I have previously been to matches at the Australian and US open and Wimbledon - but never could get finals tickets. So to be able to go to a fairly high calibre tennis final, for free... what a treat!

I saw a number of people I know at the final. The crowd was a good mix of ethnicities, but not many Qataris. The few that were there were in the VIP seats down one end, but that was the section with the most empty seats. What a shame.

Also got something else free that night. The Doha Olympic bid folks were handing out free t-shirts and baseball caps. So all in all a pretty good night!


No comments: