Sunday, January 20, 2008

So it does rain here!

Came back after holiday to weather that was definitely cooler, but still very pleasant. Enjoyed the evening outdoor at the tennis open, and even went sailing a couple of times - just wearing a bathing suit with shorts and a fleece under my life jacket.

But then suddenly it turned COLD! Not 3 feet of snow, blizzard cold, but still cold. It rained for four days straight and I must admit, we just didn't feel like going out.




The rain was funny, it was more of a drizzle most of the time, a rain hat would keep you dry if you were just running from one place to another. But inside homes are where it really turned cold. All of a sudden tile floors and multiple air conditioners weren't really that helpful! I put on my sheep skin boots, watched tv with a blanket on my lap, and put extra blankets on our bed. My hands and feet are still cold though!

The sun has come out again but the chill is still inside. We have one space heater, and it doesn't make that much of a dint in the cold.

No comments: