Sunday, January 20, 2008

How much fast food do you need....

One of the most striking elements of Doha is the amount of North American and European fast food chains. One intersection is actually called cholesterol corner because of the preponderance of fast food restaurants.

Some of the chains you will find here are...
McDonald's, Burger King, Dairy Queen, KFC, Hardee's, Arby's, Chilli's, Ponderosa Steakhouse, Starbucks, TCBY, Baskin Robbins, Haagen Daaz, Nando's, Applebees, Bennigans, Sbarro, Macaroni Grill, Pizza Express, Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee.

So as if we don't have enough fattening food here... here comes Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! Their advertising is everywhere. They are opening in Villagio mall of Feb 1 at 5pm and the first 25 customers get free doughnuts for a year! I can't believe that would be good for your waistline!

I must admit, I am a Krispy Kreme fan. I was introduced to them in the US by a cousin over ten years ago and they are a special treat. But I must admit, I wasn't expecting them here in Doha. What's next - a fried mars bar joint?


No comments: