Thursday, January 1, 2009

Major news headline.... petrol stations????


In yesterday's paper, I was surprised to see a large article with the tag line

8 new petrol stations in 2009

It was a reminder that I live in a country that is rapidly developing and even what would be considered basic services in other countries are still defining themselves here.

I grew up near an intersection where there was one on each corner - always competing on price and service (one has closed down and is now a McDonald's - but the other three battle on - 30 years + and going!!!)

I was surprised when I moved here at how few petrol stations there were. So I guess I can almost see how this is a major news story here... but it did make me laugh! And I loved the photo of the opening ceremony - cutting a garland of flowers!

See full article text here

1 comment:

Denial Mofi said...


When I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Perhaps there is a means you are able to remove me from that service? Cheers!
used cars in Qatar